Friday, October 03, 2008

Stealthy

I was sitting at my computer today and heard a very strange, very loud sound outside. It's probably just a plane, I thought and ignored it. But it got louder. Finally, I poked my head out back and looked up.

It was a stealth bomber! Maybe a B-2? I don't know - I just knew that a very rare, very cool plane was flying over my house! I wished my boys were here to see it. Wait! My camera was sitting next to me so, in a serendipitous moment, I grabbed it and ran for the front yard. I had the lens cap off, the camera switched on, the settings set and the camera to my eye within seconds. There! It was in my viewfinder. In focus even. I pushed down on the shutter. It didn't click. What the? I pushed again. And again. The plane was starting to shrink in size quickly. Click, darn you! Finally I took the camera down from my face long enough to glare at it. The memory card door was hanging open, mocking me. My card was inside the house. As I watched the black speck fade into the distance, I suspected, deep down in my heart, that there was a government conspiracy of some sort happening here. ;)

By the way, stealth bombers aren't very stealthy are they? Their roar is incredibly loud.

6 comments:

Alisa said...

Very cool.

sapphire443 said...

You could have just said that the photo you posted was yours. I would have believed you! (actually, that's what I thought at first)

MrsMama said...

Rene, I know, I know, but that wouldn't have been honest. :P

Alisa, it would have been even cooler if I could have captured that plane on film! grrr

michel said...

We bought our wonderful house before we realized it is on the flight path of the Army base. Luckily it wasn't the Air Force!! It's not really a bother, more often it is a sense of wonder at the beautiful planes/jets/whatever flying over the trees. We never see the stealth bombers... or do we?

MrsMama said...

Michel, you would think that the previous owners would have/should have disclosed a little detail like that. :P

Donna Boucher said...

I LOVE cool airplanes!!!