Tuesday, December 22, 2009
As soon as I first tasted this recipe, I instantly added it to my list of Things to Make Every Christmas. It makes your house smell fantastic!
You really do need to try this. Unless you're my neighbor. Then just wait -you're getting some for Christmas.
1 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 c. dark brown sugar
1 1/2 TB orange zest
2 TB ground ginger
3/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp baking soda
2 c. all-purpose flour
1. Beat butter, brown sugar, zest and spices together until fluffy.
2. Stir in baking soda and flour.
3. Divide dough in half.
4. Press into (2) 8" round ungreased baking pans.
5. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until the tops are dry and cracked, and the edges are slightly higher than the center.
6. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes.
7. Cut into wedges.
8. Prick each wedge with the tines of a fork.
9. Cool and dust with confectioner's sugar.
10. Store tightly covered.
|What Say You?|