Sunday, April 17, 2011

Of (flying) Mice and Men

diverted

The kids and I built a bonfire in the backyard last night.  After we cooked hot dogs and snarfed down s’mores, we licked the last of the sticky mess off of our fingers and settled back in our chairs to watch the dusky blue sky fade to twilight.

All around us we could hear night animals beginning to wake up.

“Maybe we’ll see a bat,” I ventured.  It’s always a treat to see a bat in our yard, flitting about the sky.  So far this year, we hadn’t.

“There’s a star,” Miss Munchkin suddenly pointed.  “Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight.  I wish I may, I wish I might have this wish I wish tonight.”  She paused, lost in hopes and dreams.

“Wish for a bat!” The Master suggested hopefully.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Sounds yummy and peaceful!!!